BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, July 19, 2009

    Sox/Jays

    Another busy weekend where baseball is secondary.  Friday was a date night for dinner and Harry Potter in the premium cinema.  Saturday we lost 6-2 and Sunday I had to work - which means sneaking in game day from the floor.


    For those of you who actually follow me on Twitter - the tags are as follow: #haiku #haikuchallenge (using the challenge word of the day in a haiku) and #redsox.  I have discovered there are #eck (Dennis Eckersley) #yankeessuck and other tags... those are less frequent but I am now tagging my tweets.

    In order from Friday:

    I have to wonder
    will Buchholz post a zero
    in the hit column

    ***

    The roof is open
    the crowd is settling in
    it's time for baseball

    What kind of heathen
    has no vowels in his name?
    the Blue Jays scare me

    A New York heathen
    tried to tell me the Yankees don't suck.
    they are wrong.

    The Blue Jays now lead
    Penny's not on the money
    I do wonder why

    My Red Sox buddy
    has runn off to her food dish
    fickle heathen cat

    They stopped reading
    Youk's lips when an "F" bomb flew
    learned from Eck's mistakes

    ****
    Anticipation 
    my break falls during the gae
    is it game time yet?

    Break schedule changed
    My anticipation for
    naught, no game for me

    0 comments: